Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Two Ghosts on a Halloween Day



Ghost I

Remember!,
Who made you,made me too.
It is not that I should woo a figure like you,
Just because the same hands made us two.
I curse the hands that made me look small
When you stay tall in the  Halloween  hall.
My baby face is cruder than the painted balloons.
To hell with the guy who cast me as one among the buffoons,
When I am fit enough to find a place in a gang of goons.

Ghost II

Listen!
Each one gets what they deserve
Not only when they live but also after.
I adore the pair of hands born to serve;
The hands that made me reflect my chapter.
Jealousy is human and not the character of a ghost.
Don't think I say these words strutting only to boast;
Let us celebrate Halloween, hailing the skill of our maker,
But for which, we would have made our tombs ever darker.
                                                P.Chandrasekaran.



No comments:

Post a Comment