Saturday, May 4, 2019

The Grand Grip

'Hold my hand'said God.
'How long and how far?'I asked.
'As long as you need mine'said He.
I have walked through all these years
With faith firmer in His,than in
My own limbs that wobble often.
Quite a few times did I happen to fall,
Stumbling upon unwanted humps
Or letting myself off His hold,
While boarding moving vehicles
With least caution,thinking bold.
He would never let my days stall
Though I fell wantonly,fancying tall.
Once I thought I slipped into my life's ditch;
But He pulled me out,by the turn of a switch.
Ageing is not waiting for losing His grip;
It is our frail will that sinks the sailing ship.
How many hands He has to hold 
And how many falls He has to withhold.
So long the soul is sure to stick to His form,
Does He help us,braving many a storm.
Until the body is laid to rest on His final call,
The might of faith,fails many a fall.
P. Chandrasekaran.

No comments:

Post a Comment