Sunday, May 19, 2019

Image

Is the 'I' in me,my image?
Which mirror reflects the image?
Which image does the mirror reflect?
Is it the beauty in me,or the ugliness?
The superior in me,or the inferior?
The love in me,or the hatred?
The anger in me,or the poise?
The silence in me,or the noise?

Do my friends or my foes see more of my'I'?
While foes probe into my image,friends save it.
My alter egos are perhaps a semblance of
What in me is reflected as the 'I' of me.
The 'I' in fact inches close to one's profile
And makes oneself,one's own anti hero.
Where the 'I' is warily won over everywhere,
The absence of 'I' creates an awesome image.

The 'I' surrounded by volcanoes,blows out.
Foxes of the brain feed the 'I' with jealousy junk.
Greedy wolves of the brain,lift the'I' to its peak.
Where the soul rejoices in taking showers,
Under the fountain of love,the 'I' is washed away
Along with all the dirt that has damaged the mirror.
The clean mirror reflects then, the true image,
Of the one living,as loving and lovable to the core .
P. Chandrasekaran.

2 comments:

  1. Rudyard Kipling's poem was of an instructive nature with an all inclusive agenda of a dad for his son.This is purely an introspective piece focusing on the need for eliminating one's ego

    ReplyDelete