Thursday, March 1, 2018

Horizontally Yours,


My Dear Life breath,

          You dropped me down 
          All of a sudden, uncharitably,
          Slapping my vertical pride,
          Under the pretext of fate.
          May be you forgot the fact, 
          That we hailed together,
          From the same umbilical cord.

          Unlike our mother who bore us
          For less than a spell of ten months,
          I carried you all along,all these years,
          To serve your personal whims and fancies.
          You made me stand,sit, move
          And 'lie' as you liked.
          You triggered my mouth to speak,
          Either with my tongue in cheek
          Or to wrangle without rest.

          You fed me with your favored menu chart,
          To build a paunch in me, 
          That you never bothered a bit.
          You drew me to theaters more,
          Than  to shrines and sacred spots;
          You forced me to see the unwanted,
          Hear the undesirable and feel the unworthy.
          I was like a Walt Disney animation piece,
          At your invisible drift and drive.

           You sowed in me the seeds of romance,
           Uprooting my sleep with a stream
           Of seamless dreams, setting in a trance;
           I suffered your engineered days and nights,
           But before I could sue you,
           You left this body,your abode,
           Without the least courtesy of giving a notice.
           You put me flat to the ground,motionless and still, 
           With your heinous ingratitude and arbitrary will.
                                               Horizontally yours,
                                           The Body,your erstwhile landlord.


                                                                                               P.CHANDRASEKARAN




No comments:

Post a Comment