Tuesday, June 15, 2021

A Happy Hindu

 A happy Hindu, by all means,I am;

 With no symptoms of strategic sham.

 In my daily prayer I could deeply see,

 Souls together,sharing a glow of glee.


Places of worship place no bar for me;

All are aereal roots of one banyan tree.

When love is on a satellite  transmission,

The Hindu in me,meets its meek mission.


The falling tears look for wiping hands

Not from bodies,with religious brands.

The soul will rest,if the body understands 

That its stains sink the soul,in quicksands.  


Hunger looks only for food,not the cook;

The taste of the palate is a'pick me'book. 

Life's bottom line is all about survival tricks;

The Hindu in me says''shun religion's kicks''


The theme of the Gita spreads my soul's wings,

To fly in symphony with God's musical strings. 

I am happy because I trace'my God'within me, 

Weaving my soul with Him,as waves to the sea.

P.Chandrasekaran.





2 comments: