Wednesday, April 28, 2021

The Timely Torch

      

    {Tribute to my Departed Teacher Prof. S.Albert}


Teachers are many because many can teach.

How many are there within students' reach?

A teacher as a friend is our life's lofty boon;

One who feels our pulse and frames its tune.


From books to the board,knowledge travels.

Only a probing mind binds both and unravels,

The mystery behind the mind's mystic mould,

That keeps digging for treaures to one's hold.


You felt my pulse and pruned its trembling throbs

And trimmed my temper for a battle against my sobs

You made me breathe deeper into my soul to seek

The blooming fragrance of the unseen,arcane peak.


You always held the timely torch to see,search and sense

The tip and depth of the concrete and abstract substance.

A lot more is there to churn out your fineness and glory,

From the long years of our teacher student,friendship story. 

P.Chandrasekaran.   



4 comments:

  1. A fitting tribute to the teacher.I remember the days we spent with him in jail during teacher's agitation.,the smiling face,easily moving with every one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In late 70's,we had discussions with him How to review films. He arranged to screen a foreign / other language films and explained how to review films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True.I owe my critical bent of mind mostly to his inspiring insights.

      Delete