Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Loosening Grip

I learnt to walk as a toddler,
Walking under the grip of Time.
When I began to walk faster,
I was called a daring youth,
Running ahead of the race of Time;
But soon Time was seen overtaking me,
Mocking my age,running short of Time.
I stood before my mind,a mirror's mime.

My mind showed a bunch of sagging muscles, 
As a mark of the loosening grip of Time;
Not willing to take me anymore on his run,
Time was perhaps jettisoning the load unwanted.

All is a load that fails to board by itself;
Bad loads are worse than bad loans.
Grip shedding is of course a gain either way,
For the one who holds and the other,held.

Each one's grip is a scheduled mission,
Until it turns into a burdening fission.
A toddler tucked to his mother's shoulder.
Has to be unloaded if he is found to be a boulder.
The grip is meant both,to govern and to guard.
But to govern more than guard,is an act of fraud.
A tightened grip targets the victim with frozen force;
A loosened grip,makes both ends meet their resource.

It is time's design that warns the earth,of its load,
So as to labour the lot,or lighten the large episode.

P. Chandrasekaran.

No comments:

Post a Comment