Saturday, July 18, 2015

Being a Grandpa.


Being a Grandpa.

Come my delightful darlings,
You all have my kisses in plenty,
That I did not offer my children,
Because they had a lot from their grand parents.
It is not that I did not love my children;
But my concerns were more for their character and career.
My earnings were meant for them, not my time.
You have all my time and extra attention.
In turn, your words carry the magic wand  to mesmerize me,
With all your pranks, that went unnoticed in the case of my wards.
Childhood is the same for all kids, with crowded days of innocence.
But the charm of childhood becomes a charter for responsible rearing;
The pains of parenting are set aside by the pleasures of grand parenting.
It looks as though yesterday’s Hitlers are today’s Laurel and Hardy.
A Pa becomes grand in looks and love, after passing out the parenting test
With the power of patience to stay as grandpa until the day he passes away.
There is a thin line of difference that adds purple patches to the grey grandpa.
It is the transition from responsibility to a relaxed return to second childhood.
                                                                                             P.Chandrasekaran.

No comments:

Post a Comment