Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Unattached.



       The Unattached.

I came here as I had to;
Neither with a passion nor with a programme.
My days and nights did not care for me;
Nor did I bother about how I moved about ,
What I saw before and beside, leave alone,
What followed me from  behind.           
At times, I hopped like a toad, passed like a cloud,
Crossing my path from left to right, or right to left,
With sudden diversions bringing shock waves.
I know I always travelled into zones, that do not belong
Anywhere here, where, my body moved  about  with alien steps.
Living within oneself never makes  sense to those,
Who foresee their living environment, looking for cues and clues,
That would make it solely belong to them .
When one belongs to oneself, the world is too much for them.
For those to whom the world means more than all,
It is seized, cut to shape, making ground for power games,
Without space for others, to make a claim for a share.
Are n’t  they  too much  for the world that they crave to own?
Living within myself, nothing belongs to me save myself;
Though I know not what I see and how I move about,
I will leave  from here when I have to,
To somewhere that  I will not belong to;
For I know that I am ever, the unattached.
                                                           P.Chandrasekaran.

No comments:

Post a Comment