Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Vagabond.

           
                                  

I wanted to become a sage;
My simpleton spirit would not hear that.
I desired to become a leader;
My docile instinct shuddered at the thought.
I was keen to grow as a sportsman;
My flat foot flatly frowned upon the proposal.
I had a thespian trigger in my nerves;
My shameful shyness sealed the zeal for ever.
Music was in my blood, I thought;
My blood shook from the idea
As the hand of Midas, in fear of gold.
I am now what I am, harbouring other alternatives,
Hitting here and there but not getting anywhere.

                                                    P.Chandrasekaran

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful poem that ens with an optimistic note " I am what I am.." which is opposite to Iago's "I am not what I am". The poem reveals the writer dilemma in choosing and becoming. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete