Friday, November 18, 2011

In Praise of the Elements.

                            .                
           I love the life-giving soil
       Because it makes me toil
       To receive its ripening reward
       For life’s labour, labelled hard.
       I meekly adore the lofty sky
       For my hopes, that largely lie
       In the directions marked high;
       I proudly salute the invisible air
       That makes me breathe fresh and fair,
       For a purpose pruned to progeny’s care.
       I worship the water’s holy grace
       Cleansing dirt at a regular pace
       To give my mind a secured space.
       I would fall in awe before the Lord of Fire,
       Not for fear of his flames and fumes of ire,
       But for promptly lifting my spirit much higher
       To my mortal remains held in a pyramid of pyre.

                                                           P.Chandrasekaran

No comments:

Post a Comment