Monday, June 15, 2020

The Unsociable

When the streets were crowded,
I was indifferent to company.
Now when the streets are empty,
I look for someone to talk to.
When people came to hug me,
I treated them like nuisance bugs.
Now I have none even to shake hands.
When friends longed to meet me,
It looked like crazy sentimental stuff.
Now when I long to meet them,
They stay far away,socially distanced.
My closed doors eagerly yearn for a knock
By the once 'worrisome',stream of visitors.
It was irksome to get my clothes ironed;
Today,my ironed dresses stay piled
In my wardrobe,like old files in Govt offices.
Wrist watches have become rest watches. 
Mobile phones are now the social mafias
Mustering manifold,distant social guffaws.
"Be at home;take care;remain safe"
These nagging imperatives sell today,
Like sanitizers and stifling masks.
To be an unsociable in active societies,
Is a prouder and bigger bet of a routine,
Than to be shut at home without society,
Cursed by the stigma of social distancing.
P. Chandrasekaran.

3 comments:

  1. Very nicely drafted.lam always find of your stylish way writing. Than you sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. பாலு மகேந்திராவின் காமிரா கோணங்களை கண்முன் நிறுத்திய ஒரு படைப்பு........When people came to hug me,I treated them like nuisance bugs.
    Now I have none even to shake hands...அருமை..நேர்மையான கோபம். இயலாமையின் ஆதங்கத் தாக்கம் ஒவ்வொரு வரியிலும்... ஆம். மகேந்திரன்¸ பாலசந்தர் போன்றோருக்கு ஒரு பாலு மகேந்திரா என்றால் பாரதி இராஜாவுக்கு அமைந்த இயக்குநர் பீம் சிங் அவர்களின் மகன் கண்ணன் போல... நிழல்களை கண்முன் நிஜமாக்கியது கவிதை வரிகள். வளர்க ஸார். தமிழ் போல் என்றும். நன்றி

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly quoted our lives in the current situation..

    ReplyDelete