Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Banyan Tree Broods Over.




             The Banyan Tree Broods Over.

My dense shadows  seek  me a special identity,
Like the rings of Saturn, rendering him a pattern.
Unlike others, who leave their shadows behind,
I live under my shadows, for myself and for others;
Banning the arrogance of  tall trees that stand alone,
I remain  substantially sturdy-built, paving a platform
For people  to gather socially, at my sheltering behest.
I provide the meeting point for many a kangaroo court.

When the meeting minds, make a mockery of justice,
They cast their shadows of misdemeanor on me.
But my barks, thicker than the  pachyderms’ exterior,
Bother not the damage done to me, by my beneficiaries..
I am truly Indian, devoutly  national , with  Gandhian  roots.
I know to empathize and endure, with time- tested tolerance.
                                                                           P.Chandrasekaran.




No comments:

Post a Comment