Tuesday, January 3, 2012

From Mount Olympus.


    I made a mindless headway
    To Mount Olympus,
    With a zeal to measure the mainstream
    Of the Greater Dozen Gods.
    The Mighty Twelve were found
    Gloating over their power to break
    The unflinching human grit.
    Did they incarcerate Tensing and Hillary 
    For trespassing in the name of trekking.
    Did they castigate Kalpana
    For claiming a place in the space?.
    The Dozen were obsessed at least
    With two of the Seven.
    Tensing was forced to tread on thorns,
    Hillary was hit back to the valley of despair.
    Kalpana's wings were frozen
    With volumes of vile snow.
    The Twelve God's wrath went unabated
    As they nailed the arms of Neil
    To a nefarious cliff, on a full moon night
    For his unswerving love for the moon.
    Bacchus was bottled as a bee
    For bemusing The Muse with his tipsy wits.
    Caught unwittingly,in a tightened groove,
    I thought of my singular aberration.
    How long had I pestered Pindar
    With an unbridled flow of my ugly verse ?
    Squeezed heavily by my own qualms,
    I whisked away unnoticed
    To play a level game on my old familiar soil.
                                         P.Chandrasekaran.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment