Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Dropout.


     I frowned upon all playgrounds.
     I flatly failed to stay out door
     To float my flair for any form of sport.
     My boyhood days were not supposed to beam
     A midst the healthy,hilarious friends of a team.
     My feeble flat footed blues
     Flared up by my friendly foes
     Foreclosed the force of my toes.
     I misunderstood the rules of games
     And mistook one game for the other.
     A piggyback here and a hopscotch there,
     My game lorn whims, somersaulted at simian speed .
     Indoor,playing dice for a price,
     I fell a victim of foul game practices
     From crooked playmates perverting game norms.
     Snake and Ladder slammed my naive strokes
     With one-up-man-ship blocks.
     Cards and carom caught me at wrong ends.
     The No Entry boards were on a hit and run spree,
     While I dragged on my dampened feet
     Making new tracks on the ground,
     Faking a show of the Olympian round.
                                           P.Chandrasekaran.

No comments:

Post a Comment