Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Midas Myth.


           The pebbles I gathered,
           Turned trendily into precious diamonds;
           The diamond-turned pebbles,
           Taunted my fabulous fortune,
           In a sardonic,glitter.
           I know I was no Alchemist breed;
           Nor did I own a philosopher's stone.
           But the pebbles I held in my hand
           Imposed on my ego a divining greed.
           I gathered some more pebbles
           And my eyes in avarice starved for
           A speedy, shining  galaxy,
           In my self-expanding kitty.
           This time, I scorned my petrified pebbles,
           With rage and revenge.
           But the pebbles blamed my unworthy hand
           For the jinx it deserved.
           I failed to note the missing link
           Between my hand and my wand.
                                               P.Chandrasekaran    .

No comments:

Post a Comment