Thursday, May 15, 2014

Frowning Upon Time.

     Frowning Upon Time.
------------------------------------
Time has made my body a battered road,
Travelling on it like a tanker,
Too fast, with a load, rather too heavy.
People call it ageing, my wrinkles and my broken teeth.
I have not lived fast; but years have fled ,
Like rattlesnakes chasing rabbits.
Today, Time stands witness to my growing plight,
Recalling past events  as excesses, not being bright.
My childhood days remain hidden from my purview,
Because taboos disposed by childhood dreams into a trashcan.
My adolescence accounts for negligible anecdotes.
The college days passed by, in foolish faith
In friends, whom I remember more than myself.
Those guys did not allow me, to assess time,
For a schedule of my own activities.
Society is always in a spirit of robbing
Others’ time, for accomplishing its own agenda.
Fears heckled me like reptiles wriggling into rat holes.
Looking back now, it is all a collateral damage
That time has done to me, in a co- travelling course.
The scars of pimples that pirated my pink of youth,
The shrinking skin and the sinking cheeks,
Are nothing but the scores of the subway strategies of Time.
The rest of my life now, looks like a wallet with little cash,
That someone keeps feeling through the fingers,
While travelling in a crowded lane,ruled by pickpockets.
Getting old is nothing but struggling to push out
One’s head and hand, as a last ditch effort,to survive
While sinking down helplessly, in the quicksands of time.
                                                                    P.Chandrasekaran.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment