Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Punctuated Female.



''You have ever been the capital letter,
 Beginning my sentence.
 I have been allowed letters small,
 For an in-between fill up of ideas.
 You will bring a full stop to my words,half said.
 But you will enjoy the pleasure and privilege
 Of several commas and semi colons.
 You will always bracket me as a parenthesis;
 Whereas,you will manoeuvre to stay quoted,
 Within inverted commas and bold letters,
 As the truest maxim of life,being said louder than
 The well spoken words from my choked voice.
 While my life is a riddle of question marks,
 You live under blazing exclamations such as
 Hurrah! Bravo! and Oh!What a man!.
 Am I here to helplessly supplement
 Second level  punctuation marks
 To your body language and  bragging life style ?
 Look! You have once again made me
 Question the fate of my unfair lot,
 Putting me again in a punctuated spot.''
                                                    P.Chandrasekaran.
 

1 comment: